What is Mercedes-Benz 4MATIC® All-Wheel Drive?
Mercedes-Benz 4MATIC® all-wheel drive gives you enhanced control in Urbandale regardless of weather or road conditions, preserving fuel economy while boosting your confidence behind the wheel. This innovative system distributes power to the wheels that need it most for traction you can feel. Available in many new Mercedes-Benz models, Mercedes-Benz 4MATIC® is worth exploring!
How Does Mercedes-Benz 4MATIC® All-Wheel Drive Work?
Building upon your typical all-wheel-drive system, Mercedes-Benz 4MATIC® works in four ways to deliver ultimate control through Urbandale and beyond.
- Ice patches, loose dirt, and sudden rain in Urbandale can change a road surface quickly, but the 4MATIC® AWD system monitors conditions and adjusts brakes and engine output to match, working with an electronic traction system to maintain control.
- In high performance driving situations, 4MATIC® all-wheel drive sends different amounts of torque to each wheel, maximizing your handling.
- Braking, acceleration, and steering all depend on the force sent to your car’s tires. By expanding the power distribution from the front or rear wheels to all four, it maximizes the force that can be sent to the road.
- When you’re headed into a corner, the outside wheels take a longer path than the inside ones, causing them to rotate at different speeds. The 4MATIC® system monitors wheel spin and makes sure it’s running as it should.
Mercedes-Benz Vehicles with Standard 4MATIC® All-Wheel Drive
Throughout the Mercedes-Benz lineup, you’ll find Mercedes-Benz 4MATIC® all-wheel drive standard on certain trims. Use this guide to find which models come standard with 4MATIC® AWD:
Mercedes-Benz 4MATIC® All-Wheel Drive Sedans, Coupes, Cabriolets, and Wagons
- Mercedes-Benz A 220 4MATIC® Sedan
- Mercedes-Benz C 300 4MATIC® Coupe, Sedan, and Cabriolet
- Mercedes-Benz E 350 4MATIC® Sedan
- Mercedes-Benz E 450 4MATIC® Coupe, Sedan, Wagon, and Cabriolet
- Mercedes-Benz CLA 250 4MATIC® Coupe
- Mercedes-Benz CLS 450 4MATIC® Coupe
- Mercedes-Benz S 450 4MATIC® Sedan
- Mercedes-Benz S 560 4MATIC® Coupe and Sedan
Mercedes-Benz 4MATIC® All-Wheel Drive SUVs
- Mercedes-Benz GLA 250 4MATIC® SUV
- Mercedes-Benz GLC 300 4MATIC® SUV and Coupe
- Mercedes-Benz GLC 350e 4MATIC® SUV
- Mercedes-Benz GLE 350 4MATIC® SUV
- Mercedes-Benz GLE 450 4MATIC® SUV
- Mercedes-Benz GLS 450 4MATIC® SUV
- Mercedes-Benz GLS 580 4MATIC® SUV
In addition to the above, many Mercedes-Benz AMG® vehicles also come with AMG® Performance 4MATIC®, their own version of 4MATIC® all-wheel drive.
Browse Our 4MATIC® All-Wheel Drive Selection
When you’re ready for an exhilarating driving experience in Urbandale, explore our inventory at Mercedes-Benz of Des Moines! You can even upgrade to 4MATIC® all-wheel drive on a budget by finding a pre-owned Mercedes-Benz model equipped with this technology. Schedule a test drive of your favorite option, and contact us today to get started.
More from Mercedes-Benz of Des Moines
View Inventory The Mercedes-Benz GLE is the elite crossover SUV that you have been searching for. With the functionality of passenger seating for five to seven adults, a full array of technologies, and a powerful engine, the GLE has everything that you are searching for in a new vehicle. At Mercedes-Benz of Des Moines, we…
Order a New Mercedes-Benz Key Fob Battery Contact Us for More Info Is your key fob increasingly slow to respond? This is a sure sign that the batteries in the key fob for your Mercedes-Benz SUV or car should be replaced. Our team will happily assist with the battery replacement at Mercedes-Benz of Des Moines…
View Sprinter Van InventoryContact Us The 2021 Mercedes-Benz Sprinter van is a versatile cargo van that will help you keep your business organized and operating at its best in Ames. Whether you’re transporting cargo or passengers, the Mercedes-Benz Sprinter interior dimensions and features offer a secure and comfortable ride with a design that will make…